How to report phishing emails to google
Here are the steps to take to report phishing attempts that come from a gmail account.
2. Provide the email address on which you have received the spam email.
3. Share complete Gmail address of the person who has sent you the email.
4. Provide email headers of the message. To obtain the email headers in Gmail, click the down arrow next to the reply button, and select 'Show original'. Copy the text and paste in the box provided at the above link.
a. Outlook: Open Outlook. Open the email you want to see the headers for. Click File and then Properties. The headers will show in the ‘Internet headers’ box.
b. Mozilla Thunderbird: Open the email you want to see the headers for. Click View and then on Message Source. The headers will show in a new window.
c. Apple Mail: Open the email you want to see the headers for. Click View and then Message and then All Headers. The headers will show in the window below your inbox.
5. Share the original subject-line of the dubious message.
6. Share the content of the questionable message (paste the entire body of the message in the provided space on the above link).
7. You can also share any other additional information in the text box.
8. Select yes, if the email you had received, appear to be from someone impersonating Google.
9. Submit your complaint.