Windows 10 - Creating Installation Media
This document describes the process of creating Windows 10 installation media using the Media Creation Tool.
Before you begin creating your windows 10 installation media insure that you have:
- An internet connection.
- Sufficient space on the computer, USB, or external drive for the download.
- A blank USB or a DVD (and DVD burner) with at least 4 GB of space.
Also check the following on the computer that you want to install:
- 64-bit or 32-bit processor. You will be creating either a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows 10. For how to do this on a Windows computer look here: Windows - Determining 32-bit or 64-bit Versions.
- System requirements. Make sure that the computer that you wish to install Windows 10 on has the proper system requirements.
Creating the Installation Media
- Go to the Windows 10 creation media page and download the tool.
- Run the MediaCreationTool.exe file once it is finished downloading.
- Select Create installation media for another PC.
- If you want a language, edition, or architecture (32-bit vs 64-bit) other than the automatic settings then deselect Use recommended options for this PC and edit the settings as necessary.
- Select USB flash drive then hit next.
- Select the drive that you want the tool on and then select finish.
- On the computer that you wish to have windows 10 on, plug in the USB and restart the computer, booting to the USB. (If you do not know your computer's boot menu key check the Booting to the Boot Menu and BIOS page)
- Follow the prompts to finish upgrade to windows 10.