HR - Add Preferred Name
This procedure is used to add a preferred name for an employee.
The legal name of a person is used in adding a person to HRS. Sometimes an employee has a preferred name. This procedure can be used to add the preferred name for a person after they have been added to HRS through Add a person.
1. Navigate to Workforce Administration>Personal Information>Biographical>Additional Names.
2. Enter EmplID. If EmplID is not known, follow these steps:
a. Click the Advanced Search link.
b. Enter the name information that you have (first, middle, last).
3. Click the Search button.
4. If necessary, select the correct name from the search results list.
5. Click the plus button to add a new row.
6. Select Preferred from the Type of Name drop down list.
7. Click the Add Name Data link.
8. If necessary, enter an effective date.
9. Click the Edit Name link.
10. Enter the Preferred name using the Edit Name page.
11. Click OK.
12. Click OK.
13. Click Save.