EPD Online Courses - Blackboard Ultra Web Conferencing
Getting started with Blackboard Ultra
Blackboard Ultra (Bb Ultra) is the default web conferencing tool for online courses offered through Engineering Professional Development (EPD) online programs and courses. Blackboard Ultra runs completely in your web browser via web browser plugins (flash or html5) to provide a seamless experience for virtual classrooms, meetings, and other synchronous (live) events. Blackboard Ultra works with all web browsers across computing platforms, however Chrome and Firefox are the preferred web browsers that are fully supported.
Blackboard Ultra Important Links
- System requirements and device support
- Supported web browsers
- Currently, for the fullest experience, use Google Chrome, or Firefox. However all web browsers are at least partially supported.
- In particular, to use the screensharing feature, users must currently use the Google Chrome web browser and Firefox.
- Blackboard Ultra Troubleshooting Help
Mobile Device Access (iPhone, iPad and Android)
Blackboard Ultra User Introductions
- More information on user Roles for BbC Ultra
Blackboard Ultra Feature Highlights
- Built-in VoIP audio & hi-def video
- Dynamic adjustments according to bandwidth and network access
- Ability to record sessions
- Ability to manage and promote participants
- Teleconferencing (Telephony)
- A basic whiteboard and other collaborative tools
- Ability to share content including documents (pdf, images, ppt), application/screen sharing, and collaborative whiteboard
- Accessibility Features
- Blackboard Ultra provides access through three different roles. Depending on the particular setup of the web conference room, you may access a particular BbC Ultra web conference room as one of three possible roles; 1) Participant, 2) Presenter, or 3) Moderator. The setup depends on the instructor preference for the course.
- Web Conference Session Best Practices (for Participants)
- Web Conference Session Best Practices (for Moderators)
For technical support with Blackboard Ultra, EPD online students and instructors have several options.
- For urgent issues during a live session:
- Contact Blackboard Support directly by phone or chat
- You can also check for system-wide problems on the Blackboard Server Status Page (Look for "Collaborate - Web Conferencing (US)")
- You can also alert our EPD Online Support Team by emailing email@example.com.
- For non-urgent and non-critical issues and feedback
- Report a non-critical issue directly to Blackboard within the conferencing tool
- Report issues and feedback to UW HelpDesk
- For general questions or comments, EPD online students and instructors can contact EPD Learning Design & Technologies Group for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org.