EPD Online Courses - Blackboard Ultra Web Conferencing
Getting started with Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
Blackboard Ultra (Bb Ultra) web conferencing is now available for use and is being rolled out within some of the online courses offered through Engineering Professional Development (EPD) online graduate programs and courses! The new version of Blackboard Collaborate was released in late 2015 and is a new Java-free version for web conferencing. Th release of Blackboard Ultra uses web browser plugins (flash or html5) as the delivery format for virtual classrooms, meetings, and other synchronous events.
For information on Blackboard Collaborate Classic (Java-version), see: EPD - eHelp - Technologies - Blackboard Collaborate
Blackboard Ultra Important Links:
- System requirements and device support
- Supported web browsers
- Currently, for the fullest experience, use Google Chrome. However all web browsers are at least partially supported.
- In particular, to use the screensharing feature, users must currently use the Google Chrome web browser.
- Blackboard Ultra Troubleshooting Help
Mobile Device Access (iPhone, iPad and Android)
- To access Blackboard Ultra on a mobile device one needs to download and install the Bb Student app first!
- From your device, access your respective online store using the links below, or search for "Bb Student" app.
Blackboard Ultra Feature Highlights:
Blackboard Ultra User Introductions
- More information on user Roles for BbC Ultra
- Built-in VoIP audio & hi-def video
- Dynamic adjustments according to bandwidth and network access
- Ability to record sessions
- Ability to promote participants to moderators in-room
- Teleconferencing (Telephony)
- A basic whiteboard and other collaborative tools
- Ability to share documents (pdf, images, ppt), application/screen sharing, and collaborative whiteboard
- Accessibility Features
- Blackboard Ultra provides access through three different roles. Depending on the particular setup of the web conference room, you may access a particular BbC Ultra web conference room as one of three possible roles; 1) Participant, 2) Presenter, or 3) Moderator. The setup depends on the instructor preference for the course.
Additional Important Information
- Differences between Blackboard Collaborate Classic and the new Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
- EPD Web Conference Session Best Practices
For Help and Questions
For technical support with Blackboard Ultra, EPD online students and instructors have several options.
- For urgent issues during a live session:
- Contact Blackboard Support directly by phone or chat
- You can also check for system-wide problems on the Blackboard Server Status Page
- You can also alert our EPD Online Support Team by emailing email@example.com.
- For non-urgent and non-critical issues and feedback
- Report a non-critical issue directly to Blackboard within the conferencing tool
- Report issues and feedback to UW HelpDesk
- For general questions or comments, EPD online students and instructors can contact EPD Learning Design & Technologies Group for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org.