EPD Online Courses - Blackboard Ultra Web Conferencing
Getting started with Blackboard Ultra
Blackboard Ultra (Bb Ultra) is the default web conferencing tool for online courses offered through Engineering Professional Development (EPD) online programs and courses. Blackboard Ultra runs completely in your web browser via web browser plugins (flash or html5) to provide a seamless experience for virtual classrooms, meetings, and other synchronous (live) events. Blackboard Ultra works with all web browsers across computing platforms, however Chrome and Firefox are the preferred web browsers that are fully supported.
Blackboard Ultra Important Links
Mobile Device Access (iPhone, iPad and Android)
Blackboard Ultra User Introductions
Blackboard Ultra Feature Highlights
Troubleshooting Connection or Audio Issues
Sometimes issues arise when connecting to a web conference session. The two most common issues we see are having difficulty connecting, or have various audio issues after you get connected. Here are a few things to try if you have these issues. 99.9% of the time, they will fix the problem. If you continue to have issues, then please do use the contact information below to reach out for assistance.
Troubleshooting Tips for Connection Issues
- Check your wifi/Internet connection. Can you load another website in your web browsers?
- Completely quit the web browser and try re-joining the session.
- Try connecting with a different web browser. As we've mentioned Chrome and Firefox are best, and have the fewest problems.
- Try connecting from a different location (network) to see if that fixes the issue. Sometimes corporate firewalls block some Internet connections.
Troubleshooting Tips for Audio Issues
99.9% of the time one of the steps above will fix the issue. Otherwise keep moving through.
- Checking that your system audio preferences are set to use proper input and output
- Completing restarting your computer or mobile device
Other connection and audio workarounds to use if you don’t have time and need to just participate in the web conference, and then do troubleshooting later.
For additional technical support with Blackboard Ultra, EPD online students and instructors have several options.
- For urgent issues during a live session:
- For non-urgent and non-critical issues and feedback
- For general questions or comments, EPD online students and instructors can contact EPD Learning Design & Technologies Group for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org.