Audacity Audio Editing Software - Getting Started (UW-Madison)
Audacity is a free, open-source, cross-platform audio recording and editing tool. This page provides basic information on where to download Audacity, and a list of resources on Audacity both online and at UW-Madison.
Teaching and Learning Examples
- Lynda.com has excellent tutorials on Audacity. For information on logging into Lynda.com please see Lynda.com@UW-Madison - Accessing online training via your NetID
- YouTube tutorials on Audacity
- Audacity documentation and support
- Audacity manual
- Audacity for Teachers - Installation and Basic Editing
- Audacity discussion forum
- If you are a UW-Madison timetable course instructor and would like a consultation on Audacity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-262-5667. Someone from Academic Technology will contact you within two business days to schedule a consultation.
- If you are a UW-Madison student and would like assistance with using Audacity please contact DoIT STS through their "Ask a Trainer" service. Someone will contact you within two business days to schedule a consultation.
- Instructors, staff, and students can use the Adobe software suite at most UW-Madison computer labs.