Adobe Captivate - Getting Started (UW-Madison)
This page provides basic information on where to download Adobe Captivate, and a list of resources on Captivate both online and at UW-Madison.
Adobe Captivate can be used to create a variety of different materials including online lectures and interactive learning objects.
- Short example Captivate presentation based on an imported Powerpoint file and then uploaded to a website
- Video Fundamentals for Staff: Knowing Your Audience (Click to Load Captivate Interaction)
- This is a Captivate (created in Adobe Captivate 9) interaction that Josh Harder created as a part of his Instructional Design Certificate during the Fall Semester of 2015. It contains a quiz that sends students to various parts of the interaction based on their responses. It also features a small game-like feature in that it has a score that goes up or down based on the students' responses.
- NOTE: Upon loading this module you will receive error that contains the text "unable to acquire LMS API...". Please ignore this warning by clicking OK and proceeding. This warning occurs because the interaction is supposed to be hosted in an LMS but is not.
- Captivate Assets for Your Experimentation
- Demos of Various Types of Modules Built with Adobe Captivate
- Adobe Education Exchange. The Adobe Education Exchange includes a link to the Up and Running with Adobe Captivate workshop which is a good intro to Captivate.
- Adobe TV Captivate videos
- Adobe Captivate tutorials
- Lynda.com has excellent tutorials on Adobe Captivate. For a broad overview see Adobe Captivate 2017 Essential Training. Lynda.com has a variety of other training on Captivate as well. For information on logging into Lynda.com please see Lynda.com@UW-Madison - Accessing online training via your NetID