FN - UW_FI_FUNDING_EDIT - WED
This procedure outlines the steps to take to work the Finance Funding Edit Error Report.
The Funding Edit Error Report is a listing of all employees with invalid funding/funding errors for the current payroll (known as PRDFLT - Payroll Default); or employees who have no funding or partial funding for the current Pay Run ID (known as PRSUSP - Payroll Suspense).
Corrections need to be made whenever all or part of the funding is going to be charged to suspense funding, default funding, position level funding (except employees in A80) and department level funding (except employees in A96). Priority should be given to fix those employees who have funding in suspense or have invalid funding. Employees whose funding is being charged to department level funding are not as critical.
These errors appear on the WED notifying credentialed users of missing/incorrect employee data and the ability to fix them accordingly in an on-demand basis.
- Error listing containing employees with missing or invalid funding
- Credentialed users can enter correct funding information for each Employee listed
- Employee funding information is resolved
- Employee will fall off the Error Query the following business day
- The Funding Edit Errors Pagelet will need to be set up to appear on the home page. For more information on how to customize your home page, please reference: UWSC Support - Personalize HRS Home Page Content and Layout.
- The WED is available for credentialed users ONLY and access is based on current security roles. Queries will be viewable only if users have the ability to fix them.
- There may be soft warnings that pop up after clicking the Save button. Please click through these warnings to allow for the Save.
1. When you log into HRS, the WED Error Queries appear to the right of the main menu depending on user preferences. (For more information on how to customize your homepage, click the following link: UWSC Support - Personalize HRS Home Page Content and Layout .) Error Queries appear based on your current security and whether there are errors to fix.
2. You can choose to filter the results of the Error Query list further by entering data in the fields shown below:
- Module = Cast net by specific functional group queries.
- Priority = All queries by default are sorted High, Medium, and Low
- Business Unit = Filter by institution
- Dept ID = Filter by specific Dept ID (must enter full alpha + six digit code)
- DeptID Like = Filter by a partial Dept ID to capture larger net at the division level or multiple departments.
3. Click on the UW_FI_FUNDING_EDIT Error Query hyperlink.
4. NOTE: There are additional filters at the query level to narrow your list:
- Business Unit
- DeptID Like
- Show Claimed
- Show Completed
5. Click the "Check to Claim" checkbox and your name will appear in the Claimed By section with the date and time noted.
6. Click the hyperlink for UW_FI_BDGT_FUNDING next to the individual you wish to work with. This will open the Budget Funding page.
7. If there is missing funding, the Search page for the Funding Data Entry page will not display the employee's information. You will need to add a new value to continue. (For more information on how to enter the Appointment Level Funding, please click this link: FN - Add or Change Appointment Level Funding for Employee's Salary Expense.)
8. If you need to fix the funding, the Search pae for the Funding Data Entry page will display the employee's screen pre-populated with their Business Unit, Department, Empl_ID, and Empl_Rcd. Enter the Fiscal Year and Appointment in the Budget Level field. (For more information on changing Appointment Level Funding, follow this link: Document 17024 is unavailable at this time..)
9. Return to UW_FI_FUNDING_EDIT Error Query page.
10. Click the "Completed" checkbox. Your name will appear in the Completed By section with the date and time noted.
11. Click the Home hyperlink to return you to the main WED page.
12. Click Return to Dashboard link (available on every page) to return to the main WED page.
Related Policies, Job Aids and Forms
Related Job Aids
- UWSC Support - Personalize HRS Home Page Content and Layout
- RR - WED - Workflow Exception Dashboard
- FN - Run the Funding Edit Errors Inquiry Report
- FN - Add or Change Appointment Level Funding for Employee's Salary Expense
- Document 17024 is unavailable at this time.