CAE Account: Setting Up Your Personal Webpage
The CAE makes it simple to set up your personal homepage. To create your homepage you must do the following:
How to activate personal CAE webpages
- Have a CAE account
- Log into your Unix account. (Go to any CAE Unix computer and login with your CAE account info.)
- When inside linux terminal, type "homepage -c" This will set up a personalized homepage for you in your account.
- You have now created the files index.shtml and homepage.shtml on your filespace. You may see what your page looks like by entering http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~username
- Simply by typing "homepage" in the Unix prompt you have done the following things automatically:
- Created the "public_html" directory in your home directory.
- Created your personalized homepage (index.shtml) in the public_html directory.
- Created homepage.shtml linked to index.shtml so your site is indexed.
- Set permissions for proper access to all related files and directories.
- From a CAE managed desktop you may modify the existing index.shtml and homepage.shtml files directly in the public_html folder on your filespace from a linux or windows machine.