HR - CAT - Missing From CAT Report
The Missing From CAT Report displays employees who exist in HRS, but do not exist in the Compensation Administration Tool.
PURPOSE AND OVERVIEW
This report is intended to identify employees that may have been hired after the Initialization Report (IR) was run, or before the first of the next Fiscal Year, and employee records excluded while working in the Initialization Report (IR), or the Institutional Planning Spreadsheet (IPS).
This report should be run regularly, after the IPS is loaded into the CAT.
- Fiscal Year
- Business Unit
- Division (Optional)
- Department (Optional)
- Employee Class
- Excel document with all employee records that meet the Run Control criteria and have a missing from CAT error.
1. Navigate to Workforce Administration > UW External HR Systems > Compensation Admin Tool > CAT Reports > Missing From CAT Report
2. Click Search under the Find an Existing Value tab to select a previously created Run Control ID, or create a new Run Control ID by selecting Add a New Value. To create a Run Control ID, assign a unique identifier as the Run Control ID (eg. initials_date_etc.) into the Run Control ID box and select Add.
- NOTE: The Run Control ID sets the report parameters. Users can create one ID and use it to run multiple processes and reports, or create a new ID for each process or report.
3. Enter parameters to define the criteria for the Missing From CAT Report.
a. Select the upcoming Fiscal Year used for CAT budget planning purposes. This field will default to the latest Fiscal Year setup in the CAT.
b. Select a Business Unit
c. If desired, select a Division
d. If desired, select a Department
- If available, the Department field will become editable when the user selects a Division from the search tool or enters one manually and presses the tab button
e. Click Select Values in the Employee Class box if you wish to exclude certain Employee Classes from the report. The default is for all Employee Classes to be included. Employee Classes that are not included in the CAT will not pull onto CAT reports.
f. Click Save in the bottom left to save the parameters for the report.
g. Click Run in the top right to run the report.
4. User will be automatically directed to the Process Scheduler Request page. Form this page, select OK.
5. Note the Process Instance number under the Process Monitor link. This designates the specific instance of the report run.
6. Click Process Monitor at the top right of the window. Search for your Process Instance number under the Process List, which will indicate the status of the report generation. When the report is complete, the Run Status will be "Success" and the Distribution Status will be "Posted."
a. If Run Status is "Queued," it indicates that the report generation is waiting to start.
b. If Run Status is "Blocked," it indicates that another process or report is being run. Do not resubmit your report. It will be queued as soon as the other process or report has completed.
c. If Run Status is "Processing," it indicates that the report is being generated.
d. Click Refresh at the top right of the window to refresh the status of the document.
7. Once the Run Status is equal to "Success" and the Distribution Status is equal to "Posted," download the output.
a. Click Details
b. Click View Log/Trace at the bottom right of the window.
c. Under File List, click the file with the .xls extension to download the output. Note: You may have two .xls outputs if you have additional splits.
d. When opening the file in Excel, if an error message appears indicating that "the file you are trying to open....is in a different format than specified by the file extension," click Yes.
e. Note that different internet browsers may have different opening processes.
9. Review the report.
a. Open the downloaded Excel file:
- A description of the different header fields of the output is below.
- Review each record, and determine if that employee is eligible for Merit or should be added to the CAT.
- If a particular employee record should be added, navigate to Workforce Administration > Compensation Administration Tool > CAT Page > Add a Value
- Enter the Employee ID (Empl_ID) and Employee Record (Empl_Rcd) number
- A blank CAT page will appear for the user to enter rate increases and funding information.
Run Control ID
The Run Control identification entered when the report was created.
The date the report was created
The Fiscal Year selected in the Run Control
The Business Unit selected in the Run Control
The Division (if any) selected in the Run Control
The unique number assigned by PeopleSoft for each report or process run
The unique user identification number of the user who ran the report
The Employee Classes included on the report's Run Control parameters
The Department (if any) selected in the Run Control
The upcoming Fiscal Year that is active in the CAT
The Business Unit of the Employee Record from HRS
HOME DEPT (DEPT ID)
The Home Department of the Employee Record from HRS
The Employee ID of the Employee Record from HRS
EMPLOYEE RECORD NUMBER
The Employee Record Number of the Employee Record from HRS
The Employee's Name of the Employee Record from HRS
The Employee Class of the Employee Record from HRS
The Employee Position Number of the Employee Record from HRS
The Job Code of the Employee Record from HRS
TITLE (JOBCODE DESCRIPTION)
The Title of the Employee Record from HRS
The Continuity Code of the Employee Record from HRS
The Full Time Equivalent of the Employee Record from HRS
The Pay Basis of the Employee Record from HRS
The Comprate of the Employee Record from HRS
ANNUALIZED FULL TIME RATE (1 FTE)
The Annualized Full Time Rate (annual salary as of 1 FTE) from HRS
EXPECTED END DATE
The Expected Job End Date of the Employee Record from HRS if applicable
FUND CODE (1,2,3,4,5)
The Fund of the Funding String(s) of the Employee Record from HRS
The Department ID number of the Funding String(s) of the Employee Record from HRS
The Program of the Funding String(s) of the Employee Record from HRS
PROJECT ID (1,2,3,4,5)
The Project ID number of the Funding String(s) of the Employee Record from HRS
Related Policies, Job Aids and Forms
Related Job Aids
- HR - CAT - Summary Reporting Page
- HR - CAT - BSUM 
- HR - CAT - Security Roles Overview
- HR - Compensation Admin Tool 1.0 End to End Business Process
- HR - CAT - IPS Upload to CAT (Append) and Additional Adjustments Page
- HR - CAT - Compensation Admin Tool and Additional Adjustments Pages
- HR - CAT - Institutional Planning Spreadsheet to CAT [Edit and Overwrite]
- HR - CAT - Compensation Administration Tool Initialization Report
- HR - CAT - Institutional Planning Spreadsheet
- HR - CAT - IPS Upload to AAP
- HR - CAT - 1.1 New Hires Business Process
- Document 59664 is unavailable at this time.
- HR - CAT - Annual Set Up and User Locking
- HR - HRS to CAT Compare Report
- HR - CAT - HRS Change Report
- HR - CAT - Record Errors Report
- HR - CAT - Under Min / Over Max Report
- HR - CAT - Audit Log Report
- HR - CAT Position Report