approved October 21, 2013
October 14, 2013
Present: Bernard-Donals, Cook, Fair, Farrar Edwards, Meyerand, Petty
1. The meeting began at 1:00 p.m.
2. Minutes of the meeting of October 7, 2013 were approved as distributed.
3. The University Committee reviewed a memo dated May 25, 1993 from the University Committee chair to the chancellor and the director of the Institute for Environmental Studies related to the governance structure of IES (UC document 130401). The 1993 memo recommends that the University Academic Planning Council review the proposed governance structure of a department with school/college-like features. Based on this precedent, the UC will recommend that the proposed governance structure of the Arts Institute be reviewed by the UAPC.
4. Motion made (Cook) and seconded to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters.
5. The committee reconvened in open session at 2:30 p.m.
6. In response to the Advisory Committee for the Office for Equity and Diversity request to create a vice provost position to ensure compliance of various matters, the UC will share with the advisory committee Ray Taffora’s benchmark of where other CIC schools’ ADA coordinators reside.
7. The UC supports the critical compensation fund proposal for about 30% of employees to receive an average of a 3% salary increase (and no lower than 2%), with at least 51% of funds distributed to at least 51% of individuals who did not receive CCF increases last year.
8. Motion made (Cook) and seconded to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters. Unanimous.
9. The committee adjourned from closed session at 4:31.
Minutes submitted by Andrea Poehling, secretary of the faculty