University Committee Meeting Minutes
approved July 15, 2013
July 8, 2013
Present: Cook (chair), Fair (by phone), Farrar-Edwards, Meyerand (by phone), Petty
1. The meeting began at 1:00
2. Motion by Farrar-Edwards, second by Petty to approve minutes of the meeting of July 1, 2013. Unanimous.
3. (1:15) Patrick Kass, Director of Parking Services, reported on the updated memorandum of understanding between Athletics and Transportation Services on event revenue. The UC supported the changes to the MOU, including the agreement that Transportation Services will now receive all net revenue for Athletics events parking (formerly this was split 50/50 between Athletics and Transportation Services); the lease rates charged to Athletics will change from $4.50 to $9 per stall, and if there is excess funding, Athletics will return funding to Transportation Services; Transportation Services will staff donor parking lots for defined hours; Athletics has the ability to deduct their direct expenditures (as agreed upon by Athletics and Transportation Services) from the revenue; and the removal of the annual expiration of the MOU – the MOU will continue indefinitely and can be amended as needed. The MOU keeps the following long-standing practices: Transportation Services will continue to collect day-of-game sales, and Athletics will continue to pay Transportation Services to staff day-of-game lots.
Fair arrived at 2:02 p.m. by telephone
4. Motion by Petty, second by Farrar-Edwards to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters. Unanimous.
5. The committee reconvened in open session at 3:20 p.m.
6. The University Committee will charge the Campus Transportation Committee to work with Transportation Services to seek transparency in budget matters; improve the ease of obtaining visitor parking, such as an online system to order permits; improve information for visitors about how to find available parking; and include the Committee on Access and Accommodation in Instruction to improve parking access for individuals with disabilities.
7. The University Committee will charge the Committee on Access and Accommodation in Instruction to work with Transportation Services on parking access.
8. The meeting adjourned at 3:22 p.m.