Adobe Photoshop - Getting Started (UW-Madison)
Adobe Photoshop is software for image editing and creation. It can be used for everything from photo retouching to digital painting.This page provides basic information on where to download Adobe Photoshop, and a list of resources on Photoshop both online and at UW-Madison.
- Adobe Education Exchange Photoshop materials. The Adobe Education Exchange includes a link to the Up and Running with Adobe Photoshop workshop which is a good intro to Photoshop.
- Adobe TV Photoshop videos
- Adobe Photoshop tutorials
- Lynda.com has excellent tutorials on Adobe Photoshop. For a broad overview see Up and Running with Photoshop for Photography or Up and Running with Photoshop for Design. Lynda.com has many other tutorials on Photoshop as well. For information on logging into Lynda.com please see Lynda.com@UW-Madison - Accessing online training via your NetID
- You can also find many YouTube tutorials on Adobe Photoshop.
Documentation and Resources
- If you are a UW-Madison timetable course instructor and would like a consultation on Adobe Photoshop for your course, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-262-5667.
- If you are a UW-Madison student and would like assistance with using Adobe Photoshop please contact DoIT STS through their "Ask a Trainer" service. Someone will contact you within two business days to set up an appointment.
- Instructors, staff, and students can use the Adobe software suite at most UW-Madison computer labs.