Adobe Photoshop is software for image editing and creation. It can be used for everything from photo retouching to digital painting.This page provides basic information on where to download Adobe Photoshop, and a list of resources on Photoshop both online and at UW-Madison.
DownloadAdobe Photoshop has been licensed by UW-System for use by faculty and staff on both UW- and personally-owned devices and by everyone on UW-owned machines provisioned with Shared Device Licensing. Please check with your local IT staff to see if they can install Adobe Photoshop for you or if there are departmental policies on use and support of Adobe products. Faculty and staff can download Photoshop by following the directions in KB doc 69772.
- Adobe Education Exchange Photoshop materials. The Adobe Education Exchange includes a link to the Up and Running with Adobe Photoshop workshop which is a good intro to Photoshop.
- Adobe TV Photoshop videos
- Adobe Photoshop tutorials
- Lynda.com has excellent tutorials on Adobe Photoshop. For a broad overview see Up and Running with Photoshop for Photography or Up and Running with Photoshop for Design. Lynda.com has many other tutorials on Photoshop as well. For information on logging into Lynda.com please see [Link for document 21984 is unavailable at this time.]
- You can also find many YouTube tutorials on Adobe Photoshop.
Documentation and Resources
- If you are a UW-Madison student and would like assistance with using Adobe Photoshop please contact DoIT STS through their "Ask a Trainer" service. Someone will contact you within two business days to set up an appointment.
- Instructors, staff, and students can use the Adobe software suite at most UW-Madison computer labs.