When a normal reinstall of the Perceptive Content desktop client fails to resolve an issue, the following steps can be used to thoroughly reinstall the client.
- Log into the workstation as a Local Administrator.
Set Data Execution Prevention (DEP) to on for essential Windows programs and services only.
- Open the Start Menu then right click on Computer. Choose Properties.
- In the System Information window that appears, choose Advanced System Settings.
- Under Performance, choose Settings.
- Under the Data Execution Prevention tab, ensure that Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only is selected. Apply changes as necessary.
Turn off UAC.
- Open Control Panel and navigate to Action Center.
- In the Action Center, choose Change User Account Control settings.
- Move the slider the bottom for Never Notify. Click OK.
Turn off XPS Services and XPS Viewer.
- Open Control Panel and navigate to Program and Features.
- Click Turn windows features on or off.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and uncheck XPS Services and XPS Viewer. Click OK. It may take a moment for the changes to finish processing.
Verify that the current local administrator account has Modify, Read, and Write permissions to both of the following folders:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ImageNow
- Uninstall and then reinstall the client (as a local administrator).
Navigate C:\Program Files (x86)\ImageNow\etc\inowprint.ini. Open the file in a text editor and edit the "Compression Settings" section of the file as follows:
Remove the asterisk from this line: *[Compression]
- Change BW to Color from this line: Color reduction=BW
Check to see if the issue is now resolved.