approved June 17, 2013
June 10, 2013
Present: Cook, Fair, Farrar-Edwards, Meyerand, Petty
1. The meeting began at 1:00 p.m.
2. Motion by Farrar-Edwards, second by Meyerand to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters. Unanimous.
3. Reconvene in open session at 1:28 p.m.
4. Motion by Petty, second by Fair to approve minutes of the meeting of June 3, 2013
5. Jo Ellen Fair will represent the University Committee regarding the University Committee’s statement on academic freedom and press freedom, particularly as related to the Center for Investigative Journalism issue
6. Motion by Petty, second by Farrar-Edwards to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters
7. Reconvene in open session at 3:40 p.m.
8. The University Committee will create a document to guide departments on conducting elections for chairs, and will review FP&P 5.30 for possible clarifications.
9. The UC finalized the charge to the Ad hoc Committee on Climate Change and Fossil Fuel Divestment
10. The meeting adjourned at 4:01 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Andrea Poehling, secretary of the faculty