OverviewThe procedure details the steps for requesting access to Cherwell for users that work at or in liaison to the UWSS Service Operations. This is only meant to be used for UWSA and UW Madison staff that will need access to Cherwell for the purpose of working HRS related WiscIT incidents. Information is also included for requesting to remove a user's access and for adding a Cherwell team. Information about acquiring the Cherwell software is also included in this article.
- To ensure timely response, please make sure to include the following information:
- Requestor's name (should be a supervisor/manager)
- Employee's name needing access
- Employee's business email address
- Employee's UW Madison netID
- Cherwell team name to which the employee needs to belong
- Request access as-soon-as-possible to allow for processing time
- This process is only meant to be used for UWSA and UW Madison Staff that work on HRS (Oracle PeopleSoft) related Cherwell incidents in liaison to the UWSS Service Operations
Instructions for New Cherwell User Requests
1) Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the information listed below. The subject of your email should be "New Cherwell user."
- The AG Support team lead (or a support representative) will work with DoIT on adding the user's Cherwell account to the system.
Preferred WiscIT Officer Name –UW Madison netID username –
Business email address –
Add User to following Cherwell Team(s) –
If adding to multiple teams, which team should be the default team -
Requesting to remove a Cherwell user account1) Send an email to email@example.com including the information from the section below. The subject of your email should be "Remove Cherwell User."
- The AG Support team lead (or a support representative) will work with DoIT on removing/deactivating the user's Cherwell account.
Name –Terminated user's netID –
New Cherwell Team Requests
1) If you happen to need a new team set up in Cherwell, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org asking that a new team be set up and provide your reasoning for the new team request.
- The Cherwell support lead worker will follow up with you directly on new team requests to help you analyze and assess your needs.
Requesting the Cherwell Software
- UWSA Service Center Staff - If the Cherwell software does not already exist on your computer, you should contact the UW Extension CITS at 800-6707.
- UWSA OHRWD staff - Contact the UWSA Help Desk at 262-7653.
- UW Madison OHR Staff - If the Cherwell software does not already exist on your computer, you should contact the AIMS Help Desk at 265-6900 or email email@example.com.