Adobe Illustrator (UW-Madison)
This page provides basic information on where to download and find information on how to use Adobe Illustrator.
Adobe Illustrator is software for creating vector graphics. It can be used to create logos, graphs and other illustrations.
Adobe Illustrator has been licensed by UW-System. Please check with your local IT staff first to see if they can install Illustrator for you or if there are departmental policies on use and support of Adobe products. Illustrator is available to UW-Madison faculty and staff to download and install on University computers if your departmental IT group allows this. Faculty and staff can download Adobe Illustrator by following these directions:
- Go to the Campus Software Library Adobe Site License download page.
- Login with your netid if you need to.
- Scroll down until you see the installer for the Adobe ETLA CC Suites. This installer includes Illustrator along with a number of other Adobe applications. Download the installer for Windows or Mac.
- The download will take a while. Once the download has completed launch the installer to install the Adobe ETLA CC suite.
More detailed instructions are available in this document for faculty and staff on downloading Adobe software at UW-Madison.
- Adobe Education Exchange Illustrator materials. The Adobe Education Exchange includes a link to the Up and Running with Adobe Illustrator workshop which is a good intro to Illustrator.
- Adobe TV Illustrator videos
- Adobe Illustrator tutorials
- Lynda.com has excellent tutorials on Adobe Illustrator. For a broad overview see Up and Running with Illustrator. Lynda.com has many other tutorials on Illustrator as well. For information on logging into Lynda.com please see Lynda.com@UW-Madison - Accessing online training via your NetID
- You can also find many YouTube tutorials on Adobe Illustrator.
- If you are a UW-Madison timetable course instructor and would like a consultation on Adobe Illustrator, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-262-5667. Someone from Academic Technology will contact you within two days to setup an appointment.
- If you are a UW-Madison student and would like assistance with using Adobe Illustrator please contact DoIT STS through their "Ask a Trainer" service. Someone from STS will contact you within two business days to setup an appointment.
- Instructors, staff, and students can use the Adobe software suite at most UW-Madison computer labs.