Adobe InDesign (UW-Madison)
This page provides basic information on where to download Adobe InDesign, and a list of resources on InDesign both online and at UW-Madison.
Adobe InDesign is a tool for page layout that can create documents for print and electronic delivery:
Adobe InDesign has been licensed by UW-System. Please check with your local IT staff first to see if they can install Adobe InDesign for you or if there are departmental policies on use and support of InDesign. InDesign is available to UW-Madison faculty and staff to download and install on University computers if your departmental IT group allows this. Faculty and staff can download Adobe InDesign by following these directions:
- Go to the Campus Software Library Adobe Site License download page.
- Login with your netid if you need to.
- Scroll down until you see the installer with Adobe ETLA InDesign CC. Download the installer for Windows or Mac. You can also download the Adobe ETLA CC Suites which includes InDesign and a number of other Adobe applications.
- The download will take a while. Once the download has completed launch the installer to install InDesign.
More detailed instructions are available in this document for faculty and staff on downloading Adobe software at UW-Madison.
- Adobe Education Exchange InDesign materials. The Adobe Education Exchange includes a link to the Up and Running with Adobe Acrobat workshop which is a good intro to InDesign.
- Lynda.com has excellent tutorials on Adobe InDesign. For a broad overview see Up and Running with InDesign. Lynda.com has many other tutorials on InDesign as well. For information on logging into Lynda.com please see Lynda.com@UW-Madison - Accessing online training via your NetID
- You can also find many YouTube tutorials on Adobe InDesign.
- If you are a UW-Madison timetable course instructor and would like a consultation on Adobe InDesign, please e-mail email@example.com or call 608-262-5667. Someone from Academic Technology will contact you within two business days to schedule a consultation.
- If you are a UW-Madison student and would like assistance with using InDesign please contact DoIT STS through their "Ask a Trainer" service. Someone will contact you within two business days to schedule a consultation.
- Instructors, staff, and students can use the Adobe software suite at most UW-Madison computer labs.
- Instructors and staff can join the adobe-users listserv.