Adobe InDesign - Getting Started (UW-Madison)
This page provides basic information on where to download Adobe InDesign, and a list of resources on InDesign both online and at UW-Madison.
Adobe InDesign is a tool for page layout that can create documents for print and electronic delivery:
DownloadAdobe InDesign has been licensed by UW-System. Please check with your local IT staff first to see if they can install Adobe InDesign for you or if there are departmental policies on use and support of Adobe products. Faculty and staff can download Adobe Acrobat by following these directions in this article:How to Sign In With Your Adobe Federated Account to Access Creative Cloud Software
- Adobe Education Exchange InDesign materials. The Adobe Education Exchange includes a link to the Up and Running with Adobe Acrobat workshop which is a good intro to InDesign.
- Lynda.com has excellent tutorials on Adobe InDesign. For a broad overview see Up and Running with InDesign. Lynda.com has many other tutorials on InDesign as well. For information on logging into Lynda.com please see Lynda.com@UW-Madison - Accessing online training via your NetID
- You can also find many YouTube tutorials on Adobe InDesign.
- If you are a UW-Madison student and would like assistance with using InDesign please contact DoIT STS through their "Ask a Trainer" service. Someone will contact you within two business days to schedule a consultation.
- Instructors, staff, and students can use the Adobe software suite at most UW-Madison computer labs.