Adobe Premiere Pro - Getting Started (UW-Madison)
Adobe Premiere Pro is a tool for video editing and production. This page provides basic information on where to download Adobe Premiere Pro, and a list of resource on Premiere Pro both online and at UW-Madison.
Adobe Premiere Pro has been licensed by UW-System. Please check with your local IT staff first to see if they can install Adobe Premiere for you or if there are departmental policies on use and support of Adobe products. Faculty and staff can download Adobe Premier by following these directions in this article: How to Sign In With Your Adobe Federated Account to Access Creative Cloud Software
- Adobe Education Exchange Premiere Pro materials. The Adobe Education Exchange includes a link to the Up and Running with Adobe Premiere Pro workshop which is a good introduction to Premiere.
- Adobe TV Premiere Pro videos
- Adobe Premiere Pro tutorials
- Lynda.com has excellent tutorials on Adobe Premiere Pro. For a broad overview see Up and Running with Premiere Pro CS6. Even though a newer version of Premiere Pro is available on the UW-Madison Campus Software Library page, the tutorial is still relevant. For information on logging into Lynda.com please see Lynda.com@UW-Madison - Accessing online training via your NetID
- You can also find many YouTube tutorials on Adobe Premiere Pro.
Documentation and Resources
- If you are a UW-Madison student and would like assistance with using Adobe Premiere Pro please contact DoIT STS through their "Ask a Trainer" service. Someone from STS will contact you within two business days to setup a consultation.
- Instructors, staff, and students can use the Adobe software suite at most UW-Madison computer labs.