WiscWeb CMS - Responsive Template (rst) - Adding a Twitter Account to your Site
This document shows how to use the Twitter Widget on your website.
Twitter Widget: How to put on your page ...
Twitter widgets can go in left/right-side columns or the main content area. The default configuration is pictured above.
IMPORTANT: Due to the way Twitter has built these new widgets, you cannot display identical widgets on the same page!
- Log in to Twitter.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen, and choose Settings.
- Click Widgets on the left hand side of the screen
- Click Create new (upper right corner).
- Configure the widget. Note that some of these items are NOT configurable inside the CMS. The following are the important fields: Username, No replies, and Auto-expand photos. Those need to be set here as WiscWebCMS cannot set them!
- Click Create Widget
- Copy/Write down the WidgetID, which can be found in two places: In the URL between /widgets/ and /edit/ OR in the text box (which will select everything when you click in it so you will have to paste it else where and then extract just the WidgetID).
- Open the Page
- Click on Manage Side Blocks
- Click on Create and Connect Page
- Click on Text Area.
- Name your Text Area.
- Once the Text Area is added to your screen, open the Text Area and click on the Source Code button in the Text Area. Paste the embed code from Twitter in the Source Code area and save the Text Area.
Note: There is an issue with the way the Twitter embed code works in the CMS. If you open a Text Area with Twitter coded embedded, the Twitter feed will break. For this reason, we recommend having your Twitter feed in its own Text Area and once it's added, you never open it again to edit.