University Committee Meeting Minutes
approved January 14, 2013
January 7, 2013
Present: Bernard-Donals, Cook, Fair, Lipton, Petty
1. Motion by Petty, second by Bernard-Donals to approve the minutes of the meeting of December 17, 2012. Unanimous approval.
2. Issues identified by the University Committee for spring 2012-13:
• College of the Arts
• Biological sciences divisional committee’s integrated tenure case criteria
• Faculty compensation
• Budget Planning and Analysis Joint Subcommittee (FP&P 6.52.D)
• Increase public support for the university
• Mechanism for professional schools to participate in undergraduate education
• Standardized review mechanism for administrators
• Ad Hoc Committee on Tuition Policy
• Division of International Studies advisory committee
• HR Design Shared Governance Committee
Motion by Bernard-Donals, second by Cook to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85 (1) (c) and (f). Unanimous.
3. Committee concluded that it will not take a leadership role in fossil fuel divestment campaign.
4. Committee discussed the draft brief on shared governance. It was agreed that Michael Bernard-Donals, the University Committee’s representative on the Chancellor Search and Screen Committee, will work with the chair of the search and screen committee regarding documentation on shared governance.
5. Next meetings are:
• Monday, January 14 at 1:00
• Tuesday, January 22 from 11:00 to 2:00
• Regular meeting schedule commences Monday, January 28 at 1:00
The meeting adjourned at 4:33 p.m.