FASTAR - Informatica - Connection Error [REP_55102] Failed to connect to repository service
An error such as "[REP_55102] Failed to connect to repository service [repository_name]" occurs on some computers attempting to connect to the Informatica 8.1.1 services following successful installation and configuration using the downloaded install instructions.
- Open the domains.infa file using a text editor. This file is located under the PowerCenter client install folder.
- Obtain the hostname for the domain from the "hostname" field. Close the domains.infa file
- Edit the hosts file located in the windows/system32/drivers/etc/ folder.
- Add the host IP address and the host name (from step 2)
- Launch one of the client tools
- Select Repository -> Configure Domains
- Add the Domain, Host and Port information,
- Select Refresh.
- If a Domain entry is already present, click the Refresh Button and select the repository from the list.