OverviewEmployees cannot be enrolled in the FSA Medical and be enrolled in a Health Savings Account at the same time. This procedure outlines steps to correct employee records.
- The WED process UW_BN_ENROLLED_FSA_AND_HSA will be run daily at 4:00AM to identify the employees who fall into this category.
- Employee(s) cannot be enrolled in HSA and FSA Medical at the same time. They should instead have an LPFSA account with HSA.
Instructions1. Check WED report daily to identify the employee(s). Use The Workflow Exception Dashboard in HRS for additional guidance.
2. A current list of employees who are enrolled in a Health Savings Account (HSA) who are also enrolled in FSA Medical will be displayed. This list will be refreshed each evening. (Note: Empl_ID's that appear as hyperlinks in the list have more than one error.)
3. Click the 'Check to Claim' checkbox next to the person you wish to work with and your name will appear in the Claimed By section with the date and time noted.
4. Click the FSA_BENEFITS hyperlink for the employee you have claimed
FSA Medical enrollment:
5. Contact the employee to see if they meant to enroll in LPFSA (or meant entry to be in FSA Dependent Care), an FSA application must be received within 30 days of the Qualifying Event (60 days in the event of a birth) to change the coverage.
6. Use an FSA or ADM event to waive FSA Medical enrollment and/or update enrollment to LPFSA or FSA Dependent Care based on timely receipt of application.Note* If Contributions YTD already existed for the FSA Medical, you must create a ticket for the UW Service Operations Benefits Team to reconcile account.
- Review Benefit Enrollments in HRS
- Enrolling, Changing, or Canceling Coverage Using On Demand Event Maintenance in HRS
- Reprocessing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance in HRS
- Adding Events to the BAS Activity Table in HRS
- The Workflow Exception Dashboard in HRS
- Creating a Benefits Payline Adjustment in HRS