Web Accessibility - Evaluating Web Sites with Firefox Web Developer or Accessibility Extension Tool Bars
Tools for anyone interested in accessibility when testing websites. Toolbars are not an automated testing tool so some manual work is required from you.
This extension provides many tools for both web developers and end users.
- Zoom the page to view larger or smaller font sizing
- List page information, including lists of images, headers, access keys, navigational lists, frames, tables, mouse events, and more
- Hide images or replace images with alt text
- Disable style sheets, use a high contrast style sheet, or define and use a user authored style sheet
Firefox Add-ons - Web Developer Toolbar
This extension helps in the development of accessible and standards-compliant web content. This toolbar provides more options than are listed here. This is an indispensable tool for web developers. Beyond the wealth of options of HTML and CSS code development features, the toolbar provides the following functionality to support accessible web development and evaluation:
- Display alt text or replace images with alt text
- Highlight images missing alt text
- One click validation in HTML/CSS validators and accessibility validation tools
- Customization to add reporting in other accessibility evaluation tools, such as WAVE 3.0 Web Accessibility Tool
- Disable style sheets, turn off images, linearize tables and layers, etc., to give a visual representation of what a screen reader would read
- and more.
For more information: