UWMSN - JEMS CHRIS-HR - Error Checking
This knowledgebase document provides an overview on how to review and check for errors.
- This document applies only to UW-Madison. Users from other campuses should refer to documentation intended for their campuses.
Users who submit, review, and approve JEMS CHRIS or JEMS CHRIS-HR transactions are able to check their transactions against many of the business "rules" in place. Use the following instructions to check HR Transactions for errors.
Initiate Error Checking Function
|1||Navigate to Tools drop-down||Click on the Tools drop-down menu in the window menu bar|
|2||Initiate Error Checking Feature||Click on Error Check entire HR Transaction|
HR Transaction Validation Errors Window
|3||Review Error(s)||Review the error(s) in the left column.|
|4||Review Action||Review the action needed to clear the error in the right column.|
|5||Correct Error(s)||Click Go To Error button next to each error to redirect to tab where correction is needed.|
|6||Check all Errors||Click HR Trans Errors in the window main menu bar.|
NOTE: If you do not know how to correct the error, contact your Division HR Office for consultation.
Related Job Aids
Related HRS KnowledgeBase Documents
- HR -View UW Multiple Jobs Summary for an Employee (KB 29424)
- HR - FTE to Standard Hours Conversion Table (KB 18202)
- PY - Pay Basis Descriptions (KB 29426)
- HR - Empl Class Overview (KB 15813)
- HR - Add Visa Data (KB 16745)
- HR - UW Personal - Selective Service (KB 16728)
- HR Continuity Status Overview (KB 16903)
Give us feedback about this knowledgebase document.