BN Self Service ( eBenefits) Confirmation Statements
This document outlines when Confirmation Statements are created, and how to find the documents to review.
A Benefit Confirmation Statements is a PDF document generated when an employee completes an eBenefits (self service) enrollment for either Annual Benefits Enrollment or as a New Hire. The statements itemize the benefit enrollment choices of the employee, including which dependents are enrolled for each Benefit Plan.
- A PDF document stored in Cypress and available via the employee's portal
- Confirmation Statements are only generated for eBenefits (self-service) enrollment. They will not be generated for manual Event entries (ADM, SAV, UIA, FSA).
- A Confirmation Statement is only generated the first time an employee submits an eBenefits self-service enrollment for New Hires.
- Employee completes self-service enrollment.
- Then a process is run to generate the statements for self service enrollments. Output is in PDF format.
- The PDF file that the process generates will be sent to Cypress and to the employee's Portal.
- In Cypress, the file will be split by institution and by day. You will only be able to see the Confirmations Statements for your particular institution that were generated that day.
- Cypress Navigation: Prod > UWSC - HRS> BN Confirmation Statements
- The file on the portal will only be visible to the individual employee
- For Madison: New Hire eBenefits Confirmation Statements are split down to the department level in Cypress.
New Hire Confirmations Statements Specific Variances:
- New Hire eBenefits Confirmation Statement process is run Sunday through Thursday during normal nightly processing. This will generate a PDF file for all enrollments submitted that day. When the process runs on Sunday, it will pickup all entries submitted Friday through Sunday.
- The coverage begin date is also included on this version of the document
Sample Self Service Confirmation Statement:
Annual Benefits Enrollments Specific Variances:
- During the Annual Benefits enrollment period, the process is run every night (including Friday and Saturday).
- Open enrollment has three types of email notices depending on the timing of the enrollment:
- During open enrollment
- After enrollment and entry is over, to confirm no changes have been made. This is generated for all employees who were offered an Open Enrollment Event.
- This statement does not include a column for Coverage Begin Date, as it is always Jan 1 of the upcoming year.
Confirmation Statement Query:
- UW_BN_NEW_HIRE_EBEN: is a PeopleSoft query that can be run to identify who had completed eBenefit self-service enrollment during a particular date range.
- Navigate to: Reporting Tools > Query > Query Viewer > UW_BN_NEW_HIRE_EBEN and click Search
- Enter the appropriate date range
- Enter a Department ID number
- Click View Results
- This can be helpful for gathering metrics for how many employees completed self service, or help identify the date a specific employee completed self service.
Related Policies, Job Aids and Forms
Related Job Aids
- BN - Self Service (eBenefits) for New Hires - FAQ
- BN - Self Service Benefits Enrollment for New Hires (eBenefits)
- BN - Benefits Exception Reports
- BN - Reprocessing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance