BN - Self Service (eBenefits) Confirmation Statements
A Benefit Confirmation Statements is a PDF document generated when an employee completes an eBenefits (self service) enrollment for either Annual Benefits Enrollment or as a New Hire. The statements itemize the benefit enrollment choices of the employee, including which dependents are enrolled for each Benefit Plan. This document outlines when Confirmation Statements are created, and how to find the documents to review.
- Confirmation Statements are only generated for eBenefits (self-service) enrollment. They will not be generated for manual Event entries (ADM, SAV, UIA, FSA).
- A Confirmation Statement is only generated the first time an employee submits an eBenefits self-service enrollment for New Hires.
- Employee completes self-service enrollment.
- Then a process is run to generate the statements for self service enrollments. Output is in PDF format.
- The PDF file that the process generates will be sent to Cypress and to the employee's Portal.
- In Cypress, the file will be split by institution and by day. You will only be able to see the Confirmations Statements for your particular institution that were generated that day.
- Cypress Navigation: Prod > UWSC - HRS> BN Confirmation Statements
- The file on the portal will only be visible to the individual employee
- For Madison: New Hire eBenefits Confirmation Statements are split down to the department level in Cypress.
New Hire Confirmations Statements Specific Variances:
- New Hire eBenefits Confirmation Statement process is run Sunday through Thursday during normal nightly processing. This will generate a PDF file for all enrollments submitted that day. When the process runs on Sunday, it will pickup all entries submitted Friday through Sunday.
- The coverage begin date is also included on this version of the document
Sample Self Service Confirmation Statement:
Annual Benefits Enrollments Specific Variances:
- During the Annual Benefits enrollment period, the process is run every night (including Friday and Saturday).
- Open enrollment has three types of email notices depending on the timing of the enrollment:
- During open enrollment
- After enrollment and entry is over, to confirm no changes have been made. This is generated for all employees who were offered an Open Enrollment Event.
- This statement does not include a column for Coverage Begin Date, as it is always Jan 1 of the upcoming year.
Confirmation Statement Query:
- UW_BN_NEW_HIRE_EBEN: is a PeopleSoft query that can be run to identify who had completed eBenefit self-service enrollment during a particular date range.
- Navigate to: Reporting Tools > Query > Query Viewer > UW_BN_NEW_HIRE_EBEN and click Search
- Enter the appropriate date range
- Enter a Department ID number (you can choose to enter the full Dept ID number or enter the first letter and % for all departments (i.e. "Y%")
- Click View Results
- This can be helpful for gathering metrics for how many employees completed self service, or help identify the date a specific employee completed self service.
- BN - Self Service (eBenefits) for New Hires - FAQ
- BN - Self Service Benefits Enrollment for New Hires (eBenefits)
- BN - Benefits Exception Reports
- BN - Reprocessing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance