This document explains the Enterprise Content Management Service (ECMS) support roles for scanner workstations using Perceptive Content (Imaging) software.
If a campus Division or Department is having difficulty using Perceptive Content (formerly known as ImageNow) on a supported scanner workstation combination, they should submit either a DoIT Help Desk ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Imaging Team at UW-Madison's Division of Information Technology (DoIT) will troubleshoot the issue with you. If the Windows' operating system cannot communicate with the scanner, you will need to contact your local computer/workstation support group.
If your local computer/workstation support group determines there is an issue with the scanner itself, then they will contact the vendor Fujitsu, presuming you have a maintenance contract with Fujitsu. When you buy a scanner from Fujitsu, we recommend that you also purchase a maintenance contract. You can choose from a variety of maintenance contracts; some include preventive maintenance, while others only address hardware failure.Support Roles:
- Your campus Division or Department's local computer/workstation support:
- Supports the connection of the scanner to your scanner workstation (i.e., can the operating system communicate with the scanner?). This includes Fujitsu’s software package (Paperstream IP).
- The ECMS (Imaging) Team at UW-Madison:
- Supports the connection of the scanner to the Perceptive Content (e.g. imaging) software, including the initial configuration of your scanner to work with the Perceptive Content desktop client.
- Fujitsu (Vendor for scanner):
- If Fujitsu determines there is a hardware issue with your scanner you will need to make arrangements with Fujitsu for service.