WiscIT: Onsite Environment Testing
In early August, Cherwell will be moved to onsite hosting. This document lays out the steps for testing and validation of the new environment. We will be testing from July 8th to July 29th.
During this time we would like you to test and validate your use in the onsite version of Cherwell. This environment has been loaded with production data. Email notifications to technologists, agents, and customers has been disabled during testing.
- Create Incidents, Changes, Problems
- Update Incidents, resolve, escalate, set to pending
- Run dashboards, searches, oneSteps, reports
- Test REST API processes
Access to Cherwell Onsite EnvironmentThere are several ways to test the onsite version of Cherwell. You can use either the web client or the installed client (windows only).
Web Client: https://wiscit.wisc.edu/CherwellClient/Access
- Steps to add a connection.
- Once logged into Cherwell, go to File->Logout and select Change Connection.
- Click on Add, follow the prompts, enter tcp://wiscit.wisc.edu in the URL field
- On the Name enter "Onsite TEST" and select finish.
- Connecting to Onsite Test
- When you launch cherwell select Onsite Test from the list and click Connect, if you are not presented with this screen, log in and select File-->Logout-->Change Connection.