Blackboard Collaborate Ultra - Getting Started (UW-Madison)
One stop shop for everything Blackboard Collaborate Ultra-related on UW-Madison's campus. Resources are organized by role and interest, browse to find specific documents to help you out with everything from a product overview to step-by-step getting started instructions.
For a product overview of Blackboard Collaborate Ultra, please click here.
- Want to know whether to use Blackboard Collaborate Classic or Blackboard Collaborate Ultra? Use this comparison chart to help you decide. (Here is another comparison chart for Ultra, Classic, Adobe Connect and Google Hangouts)
- How to create and edit Ultra sessions in your Canvas and D2L Courses.
- Getting started with Ultra (Get familiar with layout and features, Use Audio/Video, Telephony, Profile Pic).
- Get to know the Tools (Media Space Tools, Session Menu Tools, Collaborate Panel Tools, Content Editing Tools, and Network Indicators)
- Live Closed Captioning is available in Ultra.
- For instructions on how to set up an Ultra session from your Moodle course, please click here.
- Learn more about Ultra and accessibility.
- How to manage participants (including role permissions and session attendance report)
- How to access Ultra in Canvas. (Note: Students cannot set up Ultra web conferencing sessions, they can only join conferences set up by their instructors)
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra (BBCU) does not yet have a widget in MyUW like Blackboard Collaborate Original. The only way to access BBCU is via Canvas or D2L.
- Web Browsers that support Ultra. (Chrome works best)
- Getting Started with Ultra (Audio/video set up, Profile pictures, Finding your way around, and Ultra tools and features).
- For step-by-step instructions on how to call into an Ultra session, please click here.
- For a quick-reference sheet of best practices for using Ultra, please click here.
- If you are experiencing any technical problems with Ultra, click here for trouble shooting and to get help.