Blackboard Ultra-Master Document
One stop shop for everything Blackboard Ultra-related on UW-Madison's campus. Resources are organized by role and interest, browse to find specific documents to help you out with everything from a product overview to step-by-step getting started instructions.
- For a product overview of Ultra, please click here.
- Want to know whether to use Collaborate or Ultra? Use this comparison chart to help you decide. (Here is another comparison chart for Ultra, Collaborate, Adobe Connect and Google Hangouts)
- How to create and edit Ultra sessions in your Canvas and D2L Courses.
- How to manage an Ultra session (Prepare your session, Monitor participants, Share Content, Use Chat, Use Audio/Video, and Record a session).
- Using the Collaboration features of Ultra (Polling, Edit Shared Content, Manage Raised Hands, Promote Participants to Moderator)
- Live Closed Captioning is available in Ultra.
- For instructions on how to set up an Ultra session from your Moodle course, please click here.
- Learn more about Ultra and accessibility.
- Descriptions of the different roles in Ultra.
- Moderators can now get session attendance reports for Ultra. Reports specify who was in the session and for how long.
- How to access Ultra in Canvas. (Note: Students cannot set up Ultra web conferencing sessions, they can only join conferences set up by their instructors)
- Web Browsers that support Ultra. (Chrome works best)
- Getting Started with Ultra (Audio/video set up, Profile pictures, Finding your way around, and Ultra tools and features).
- For step-by-step instructions on how to call into an Ultra session, please click here.
- For a quick-reference sheet of best practices for using Ultra, please click here.
- If you are experiencing any technical problems with Ultra, click here for trouble shooting and to get help.