WiscChat (Psi) - Using Psi for Windows on a removable USB device
This document explains how to setup Psi to run off of a USB device.
For those of you who are on the go or have a lab environment (Windows), you may benefit from having the ability to use Psi via a USB device.
Note: Psi must be installed on your desktop/laptop computer prior to proceeding. You will also need 40MB of space on your USB device.
- Connect your USB device to your computer.
- Copy the 'Psi' folder and all its contents from your "Program Files" directory on your desktop/laptop computer to your USB device.
- Create the following folder inside of the 'psi' folder you just created on your USB device: psidata.
- Copy the following script into a new text file (using your favorite text editor):
@echo off set PSIDATADIR=\psi\psidata cd \psi start psi.exe
- Save the text file to your USB device and name it 'psistart.cmd'.
- To start Psi, connect the USB device to any computer and double-click on the 'psistart.cmd' file.
Important: the first time you start Psi off the USB device, you will be prompted to configure Psi for an account. Use the following configuration instructions.