WiscChat (Psi) - Common Options/Preferences
This document explains some of the options/preferences you may want to modify after configuring your client.
To make any of these changes, go to Psi menu and select 'Options' (Windows) or 'Preferences' (Mac):
- Remember window sizes
- Show menubar
- Hide roster window on startup
- Enter key sends chat messages
- Raise chat window on receiving new messages
Important: If this option is set, you may accidentally type into an active chat window when you are working in another program. Example, you may be typing your password for another application when a chat message appears, causing the focus to go to the chat window and your password being entered into it.
- Open chats in tabbed mode. Can be applied to one-on-one chats, multi-user chats ("mucs" or chatrooms), or both.
- Auto-open new messages
- Enable popup notifications
- Auto away after
- Auto status message
- Enable emoticons
- Roster Icons
- Enable 'Contact is typing ...' events
- Check spelling
- Automatically copy selected text to clipboard
Remember, the above options are only a small portion of options you can modify. Please make sure to view all the sections and settings.