Canvas – UHS: Preventing Sexual Violence (Grad/Prof Students)
UW-Madison is adopting Canvas as the single, centrally supported learning management system, and discontinuing support for Desire2Learn (D2L) and Moodle. Access to D2L and Moodle will permanently end June 1, 2018. For information about retaining materials from D2L or Moodle, please refer to this document.
This document describes how to complete the Preventing Sexual Violence at UW-Madison course. It also contains information for coordinators about checking course completion status.
To complete the Preventing Sexual Violence at UW-Madison course:
1. Log on to Canvas using your UW-Madison NetID credentials.
2. In the red navigation column on the left click "courses" then find UHS Preventing Sexual Violence (Grad/Prof Students), then click into the course and follow the completion instructions.
NOTE: Only graduate and professional students are enrolled in the Preventing Sexual Violence at UW-Madison course within Canvas. Others interested in taking this course should contact email@example.com.
Deadlines for Completion is March 15, 2018
- Contains audio and video, therefore you will need a computer with audio. All audio is closed captioned. Please be aware that the quality of your internet connection will affect the speed at which the videos in the course load and play. If the videos seem to be playing too slowly or are stalling or not loading, please check the quality of your internet connection. A transcription of the course can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View in full screen. The course is optimized to play in full screen, and most video size issues can be resolved by viewing in full screen. To open the program in a full screen, make sure your pop-up blocker is turned off, click the Complete the Course button from the course home page and size as appropriate.
- Do not use a mobile device. Plan to complete the course on a desktop or laptop, as your progress will not be tracked on a tablet or mobile device.
- Make sure your Internet browser is up-to-date. An out-of-date browser may lead to technical issues.
- Complete the Quiz. Information provided in the quiz will be used to improve the program and future prevention efforts.