D2L - Sexual Violence Prevention Course (UW-Madison)
This document describes how to complete the Preventing Sexual Violence at UW-Madison course. It also contains information for coordinators about checking course completion status.
To complete the Preventing Sexual Violence at UW-Madison course:
1. Log on to D2L using your UW-Madison NetID credentials.
2. In the My Course Dashboard, look under "Current" for the Preventing Sexual Violence at UW-Madison course, then click into the course and follow the completion instructions.
NOTE: Only graduate and professional students are enrolled in the Preventing Sexual Violence at UW-Madison course within D2L. Others interested in taking this course should contact email@example.com.
- Contains audio and video, therefore you will need a computer with audio. All audio is closed captioned. Please be aware that the quality of your internet connection will affect the speed at which the videos in the course load and play. If the videos seem to be playing too slowly or are stalling or not loading, please check the quality of your internet connection.
- View in full screen. The course is optimized to play in full screen, and most video size issues can be resolved by viewing in full screen. To open the program in a full screen, make sure your pop-up blocker is turned off, click the Complete the Course button from the course home page and size as appropriate.
- Do not use a mobile device. Plan to complete the course on a desktop or laptop, as your progress will not be tracked on a tablet or mobile device.
- Make sure your Internet browser is up-to-date. An out-of-date browser may lead to technical issues.
- Complete the Quiz. Information provided in the quiz will be used to improve the program and future prevention efforts.
For more information
If you need help accessing the course or experience technical issues, please contact the DoIT Help Desk for assistance.
Information for Coordinators
To generate a report of grad and professional students in your school who have been enrolled in this training and their completion status, complete the following steps.
- Log on to D2L using your UW-Madison NetID credentials.
- In the My Course Dashboard, look under "Current" for the Preventing Sexual Violence at UW-Madison course, then click into the course.
- Click the Course Admin > Edit Course button from the top right corner.
- Select Grades.
- Click Enter Grades.
- Make sure you are in Standard view (the button in the top right corner of the Gradebook should say Switch to Spreadsheet View).
- From here you will see an aggregate of how many users are in the course, how many have completed it, and the average time spent.
- Make sure you select all columns and sort by Last Name first. You may need to select more records if there is more than one page.
- Click the Export button.
- Select the following options:
- Key Field = Username
- Grade Value = Nothing checked
- User Details = Select all checkboxes
- Choose Grades to Export = Leave all selected