Canvas - iClicker Canvas Integration (UW-Madison)
Canvas i>Clicker Integration
Note: i>Clicker is no longer the recommended student response system at the University of Wisconsin Madison. In January 2016 Top Hat became the recommended and supported system. We recognize that there are still instructors using i>clicker on campus and have authored this document to ease their use of i>clicker with Canvas.
Preparing to Install i>Clicker in Canvas
- Because iClicker is no longer supported by the university, users should work with the vendor directly to obtain the integration software for Canvas, as well as any other related documentation and support
Installation of i>Clicker in Canvas
- Login to your course and click on Settings
- Now click on the tab called Apps
- Search for i>clicker within the apps and click on the logo
- Select Add App
- Enter the consumer key and shared secret obtained in the previous section, step 3.
Adding i>clicker to Your Course Menu
- Once you have activated the i>Clicker app in Canvas you will likely want to add it to your course menu to allow your students to register their clicker. Start by clicking Settings.
- Click on the Navigation tab.
- Scroll down to where you see the i>clicker registration menu option. Click the gear next to it and select Enable:
- Click Save.
- i>clicker registration should now appear on your course menu.
i>clicker support requests should be directed to the company at http://support.iclicker.com/ . You can find some additional information on i>clicker in the following document: iClicker - Software and Support (UW-Madison)