BN - eBenefits Self Service Updating Other Health Insurance Information
This document shows an employee how to update their Other Health Insurance and Medicare Information through self-service.
- Employees should be updating this information whenever a change occurs to their Other Health Insurance or Medicare Information. This is used for Coordination of Benefits between insurances to determine primary payment responsibility between the health vendors.
- You may not enroll in a High Deductible Health Plan and Health Savings Account if you have other health insurance or you are covered by Medicare.
2. Click on the Personal Information link (please note your dashboards may be in a different place on the screen.)
4. Scroll down the page and click on yellow Change Coordination of Benefits button to update your Other Health Insurance Information.
5. There will be two boxes displayed on the screen. The top box shows your Existing Selection and the bottom box will be the New Values.
a. Please update the "New Values" box with either 'Yes' or 'No' to Other Health Insurance. If your answer is 'Yes', then list all known information regarding the other insurance using the following three fields: Insurance Company Name, Insurance Policy Number, Insurance Group Number.
b. Press Save when all information has been entered.
6. Click the Change Medicare Information button to update your Medicare Information.
7. Please enter your Medicare Information, if applicable. In the 'Medicare A Indicator' field, change 'N' to 'Y' if applicable. Then enter the reason for Medicare Part A and B. Be sure to indicate the date you became Medicare eligible in the "As Of" date field. Click the Save button when all updated information has been entered into the HRS system.
- Document 55920 is unavailable at this time. (Please note: This document is active only during ABE)
- Document 20420 is unavailable at this time. (Please note: This document is active only during ABE)
To the top