WiscWeb - Updating the Site Title, Tagline, and Site Icon
In this document:
- Adjusting Site Identity settings
The Site Identity section allows you to update site-wide settings that will allow you to customize certain values that will help with search engine optimization and user recognition.
Only site administrators will have the ability to adjust the Site Identity values in the site customizer section.
There are four options within the Site Identity section. To access the section:
- Click on Appearance
- Click on Customize
- Click on Site Identity
- Enter a Site Title. This is the larger text that appears in red on your site
- Enter a Tagline. This is the smaller text that appears in gray beneath the Site Title
- You may choose to link your tagline to an external website by entering a URL into the Tagline URL field
- For Site Icon, you may choose an icon that you would like to appear in browser tabs
Note: Favicons should be either 16x16 pixels or 32x32 pixels in dimension
- For a Default Meta Image, you can choose an image that will be the default that is visible when something from within the site is shared via social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)