WiscWeb CMS - WordPress - Adding and Editing Users
This document will walk you through adding and editing users on your site.
Users can be assigned various roles within your WordPress site. These roles will allow or restrict certain features and/or tasks from them, allowing you to have more control over your site. For a description of these roles, see .
Adding a New User
In order to add a user to your site, you will need the user's NetID. Once you have that:
- Click on Users.
- Click on the Add New button.
- Use the Add Existing User to to add your new user.
- In the Email or Username field, enter their NetID.
- In the Role dropdown, select the role you'd like the user to have.
- In the Skip email confirmation, choose whether you want to notify the user via email that they've been added to your project.
Editing a User
To edit users, go to the Users section.
- Select the user you want to edit by checking the box next to their NetID.
- You can change that users role by selecting their new role from the dropdown at the top of the table, and clicking Change.
- You can remove the user from your project by clicking on Remove next to their NetID.