Telephone Services and Telephone Repair - Service Description
This document provides an overview of Telephone Services.
DoIT Voice Services is responsible for managing telephone services to the campus. Telephone services include:
- Centrex lines. Note: The first point of contact for Housing telephone lines (264-xxxx) is determined by the students location. Lakeshore phone trouble calls should go to 2-0828, Southeast dorms should go to 2-4590.
- Cellular and hand held devices
- Installation of new services, see Telephone Service
- Change to existing service/Centrex
- Local, long distance and toll free service
- AT&T white pages listing
- Recommendations for desktop and portable telephone instruments
- Telephone wiring
- Telephone Activity Report (TAR). Customers may also refer to this service as their telephone bill. Callers should email, email@example.com, and expect a response within 1 business day.
Telephone installations and changes are handled during business hours only and should be directed to DoIT Voice Services at 262-5544. Telephone repairs are handled at 262-7474 during business hours.
Voice Services' business hours are between 8:00AM and 4:30PM, Monday through Friday.
Calls received after Voice Services has closed may be forwarded to the DoIT Help Desk for handling.
DoIT Voice Services extends to UW students, professors and staff on campus.