CALS HelpDesk - Submitting a Ticket on Behalf of Another Client
Instructions for submitting a help ticket for someone else in the CALS HelpDesk system
Ticket Creation on behalf of someone else
Certain individuals have been granted a role within the CALS HelpDesk system to submit tickets on behalf of other individuals (clients). If you have been granted this role, please follow the below instructions for submitting a ticket on behalf of another person. If you feel you should be granted the role so that you can submit tickets for other clients, please send an email to the CALS ACS manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Log into the CALS HelpDesk system with your netid at: https://websupport.cals.wisc.edu
- On the Request tab, select the "Other" option next to "Create Ticket For"
- In the Client Lookup box, enter the client's first and/or lastname and click the "Search" button. Note that you will only be searching for clients that you have been granted access to.
- Once the desired client has been found, select their name. It will then be populated in the "Other" field.
- Select the request type from the drop-down box.
- Depending upon the request type you choose, you may need to select a sub-request type.
- Complete the form to the best of your abilities and click on the Save button. Note that at a minimum, the request detail must be entered. Other required fields will be marked with an asterisk (*).
- Once the ticket has been created, you will receive a confirmation screen with the ticket number assignment. In addition, both you and the client you're submitting for will receive an email confirmation of the ticket creation and ticket number assignment. The body of the confirmation email will also include a link to check the status of the ticket as well as links for adding notes to the ticket or canceling the ticket.
- Once you've submitted a ticket on behalf of another client, you will be able to view the ticket online under the History tab.