These are the new procedures that by pass the Resource Sharing Library and makes the main library its own RS library.
Procedures for Resource Sharing
1. Make sure you are at your home Circulation Desk
2. Click on Pick From Shelf under Fulfillment section
3. Sort the Pick from Shelf using the facets under Request/Process Type.
Please Note: Local requests use a different workflow but may be sorted using the "Patron physical item request" or Move Temporarily facet.
a. Smaller libraries may elect to print the slips individually. Click print slip under each of the item requests to print slips individually.
b. Larger libraries with a lot of request will want limit by facet first and then click on the print slip report and download the excel file of requests.
4. Retrieve material from stacks
5. Click on Shipping Items
6. Select YES radial button for Automatically Print Slip
7. Scan in item(s) using the Item Barcode.
8. Check your print email account and print out the Resource Sharing Shipping Letter for each item. This letter will indicate the specific library the item where the item will be sent.
9. Insert the Resource Sharing Shipping Letter in book and place item(s) in the Red Box for delivery. This slip MUST be included in the book. This is a UW System agreement.
i. Make sure you are at your Circulation Desk
ii. Click on Receiving Items
iii. Do not uncheck automatically notify
iv. Make sure the radio button is set to Barcode
v. Scan in the barcode on the item.
vi. Make sure the patron's name is at the top of the slip
** If you run into trouble using the new barcode only process you can try to receive by switching the radio button to External ID and typing in the External ID (Borrower ID) (ex: 1//01UWIST0000023) from the Resource Sharing Shipping Letter that arrives with each item. Remember as of January 8, 2018 we removed the scannable image of the Ex ID from the slip.
ii. Select Return Items
iii. Scan item and look at the screen in Alma, it should say reshelve or return to ____.