Azure - Service Description
UW Public Cloud is an initiative to deliver public cloud computing services to UW-Madison faculty, staff, and departments.
Version 1.0 of the campus Azure offering, released in November 2016, is a technical pilot that includes:
- The entire suite of generally available Azure compute services including Azure Virtual Machines and Azure Storage
- The ability for customers to process, store, or otherwise propagate internal and public data in Azure
- The ability for users to sign in to the Azure Portal using their NetID
Version 1.0 of the campus Azure offering does not include:
- The ability for customers to provision resources in campus IP public space
- The ability for customers to securely process, store, or otherwise propagate sensitive or restricted data in Azure without an assessment by the Office of Cybersecurity
- The ability for customers to use Azure Preview Features (features not yet generally available)
Participants will be charged Azure retail for Azure resources consumed.
Please contact your local IT staff for guidance on Azure usage within your unit or department.