GradConnections Weekly Newsletter
Describes how people get the GradConnections newsletter, the scope of the newsletter, and who to contact to submit items for the newsletter.
About GradConnections Weekly:
is a weekly newsletter prepared by the Graduate School Office of Professional Development and includes tips, events, deadlines, announcements, professional development opportunities, and funding opportunities--all targeted to graduate students--as well as the PhD Comic "Piled Higher and Deeper". It goes out every Tuesday during the academic year and every other Tuesday during the summer.
Past editions are archived here: http://grad.wisc.edu/pd/gradconnections
Who gets GradConnections Weekly:
- Enrolled graduate students
- Subscribers (anyone on or off campus can subscribe by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Members of email@example.com
To summarize, if you are a current grad student or a Grad School Bascom employee, you'll get the newsletter automatically. If you are not and you wish to get it, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unsubscribe directions are located in the footer of the email.
How to submit content for GradConnections Weekly:
We are happy to include any event or announcement that benefits graduate students in the GradConnections Weekly newsletter. The event or announcement should be of broad interest to graduate students in a variety of graduate programs.
If your event or announcement fits these criteria, please submit the below specified details to email@example.com no later than 3:00 p.m. on the Friday before the event, with the subject line “For GC: [event or announcement title]”.
- Event title
- Date, including day of the week
- Start and end time of event
- Location, including room number
- Website with more information OR event poster
- Registration link (if applicable)
- Please specify one or more of the nine professional development facets that the event fits into. You can briefly review what is included in each by clicking on the appropriate facet and selecting “more details” at https://my.grad.wisc.edu/DiscoverPD . The nine facets are: (1) Inquiry, discovery & creation; (2) leadership; (3) disciplinary expertise & interdisciplinary connections; (4) career development; (5) managing projects & people; (6) communication; (7) inclusion & diversity; (8) interpersonal effectiveness; (9) personal effectiveness.