CALS HelpDesk - Assigning an Asset to your Ticket
Instructions for assigning an asset to your ticket in the CALS HelpDesk system
Assigning an Asset
Depending upon the type of support request you submit within the CALS HelpDesk system, you will have the option to select an asset to assign to your ticket. This information can then be used by the technician assigned to your ticket in trouble-shooting the cause of the issue and finding a resolution. Ticket and asset relationship information will also be helpful in identifying recurring incidents requiring further action. For example knowing that a particular computer had 10 reported issues of a similar nature within a given time period might be an indicator that the device needs replacement. Tying a support request to an asset is also helpful in situations where multiple assets are linked to your account so that the technician knows exactly which one is having the problem.Selecting an Asset for your Ticket
- Log into the CALS HelpDesk system with your netid at: https://websupport.cals.wisc.edu
- On the Request tab, select your request type from the drop-down box.
- Depending upon the request type you choose, you may need to select a sub-request type.
- If the request type you've chosen is associated with an asset or model, you will see the asset information on the lower section of the screen:
- To select an asset from your listing of assets, click on the Asset Number (in blue) or you can search for an asset by its number, serial number or network name. However, the asset must be in your same location (determined by your campus Building Name). Alternatively, you can specify the equipment type and model to be linked to your ticket.