WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Using Page Layouts
This document describes the different page layouts available in the UW Theme.
Page layouts allow you to control how content appears on your page. You can create a one, two, or three column look that formats your content neatly and make the pages easy for you users to comprehend and navigate.
Default Layout on a New Page
Each page you create has a One Column Content Layout by default. You can change this before you save the page by clicking on any of the layout options at the top of the page. Once you save the page by clicking on Update, you will need to change the layout by using the instructions below.
Changing the Layout on an Existing Page
- Navigate the to page you would like to update.
- If you are using a two column layout, you can click on the gear icon in your layout to change from 60-40, 50-50, to 40-60. If you are not, or you want to switch away from a 2 column layout, continue.
- Scroll down past your content and click on the Add Content Layout.
- Choose the layout block that you would like, one, two, or three column.
- It will get added below your current page layout and content.
- If you are moving content from your old layout, move it from your existing layout block into your new one.
- Once all of the content is moved, delete your old content block by clicking on the minus symbol associated with that layout block.
- Click on the Update button.