WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Embed Content Page Element
This document explains how to use the Embed Content page element on your pages. For an example, see (link to demo site).
The Image Carousel is available in the One and Two Column Content Layout options.
- The Embed Content page element currently only works with YouTube and Vimeo videos, but more content options may be added in the future.
- If you want to be able to re-size the video on your own, you should embed the video in a Text Area using the embed code provided by the video service.
Adding the Embed Content Page Element
- Navigate to the page on which you want to add a Page Element.
- Scroll to the Primary Content Area and the Layout on which you want to add a Page Element.
- At the bottom of that Layout, click on Add Page Element.
- On the Page Element list, click on Embed Content.
Embedding a Video
These instructions are for YouTube, but will also work with Vimeo if you get the share URL from your Vimeo video.
- Get the share URL from your video by navigating the the video and clicking on the Share tab beneath the video.
- Paste the share URL into the Enter URL field.