This document explains how to add the Latests Posts page element to your site. For an example, see https://wiscweb.wisc.edu/page-elements/latest-posts/.
Latest Posts will allow you to display your latest posts on a page. You can select the category and number of posts to display on the page.
Latest Posts is available in One, Two, and Three Column Content Layouts.
- We recommend using no more than three feature posts, and then linking to the rest of the posts of that type.
Adding the Latest Posts Page Element
- Navigate to the page on which you want to add the Latest Posts page element.
- Scroll to the Primary Content Area and the Layout on which you want to add the Latest Posts.
- At the bottom of that Layout, click on Add Page Element.
- On the Page Element list, click on Latest Posts.
Using the Latest Posts Page Element
Latest Posts has the following options:
- Title: Adds a title above the posts.
- Number of Posts: The number of posts that are displayed. Five is the default.
- Category: If you use categories, you can limit the posts on the page to a specific category by selecting that category from the dropdown.
- Show Post Date: By checking this box, posts will display the date they were published.