This document explains how to use the Image page element to add an image or graphic to your pages. Please Note: You can also add images via the Text Block. You are not required to use this feature for imagery.
The Image Page Element is available in the Two, and Three Column Content Layout option. There are other image options for the One Column Content Layout that do a better job of filling the screen.
Adding an Image Page Element
- Navigate to the page on which you want to add an Image.
- Scroll to the Primary Content Area and the Layout on which you want to add an Image.
- At the bottom of that Layout, click on Add Page Element.
- On the Page Element list, click on Image.
- Images with a width larger than the column will be formatted to take up the width of the column.
- Images with height larger than width will take up a larger amount of vertical space. You will want to ensure you have enough content in the opposing column to take up a majority of the space so that you don't have large gaps of white space.
Using an Image Page Element
Adding the Image will give you these options:
- Add Image: Click here and select your image from your Media Library or upload it from your computer.
- Instructions on how to add media to your Media Library can be found in WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Using Media Library to Add Images or Documents