WiscIT: Version 8.3.1 Testing
On January 8th, starting at 8:00 PM, Cherwell will be upgraded to version 8.3.1. This document lays out the steps for testing and validation of version 8.3.1 We will be testing from December 8th to December 23rd.
During this time we would like you to test and validate your use in the new version of Cherwell. The test environment has been loaded with production data prior to December 2nd, 2016. Email notifications to technologists, agents, and customers has been disabled in the test environment. If you use the email option under the File Menu and in the Journals section, make sure to remove the customers email address from the TO: field.
While this has been our experience, we would like you to test your use of Cherwell.
Testing Cherwell Version 8.3.1
We would like you test Cherwell and use it the way you normally use the tool and report your experience by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create Incidents, Changes, Problems
- Run Dashboards, Searches, OneSteps, Reports
Note: Cherwell Test is running in our test environment and is not running on the full server environment as our production environment, speeds may be impacted. Data was last refereshed in late November and will not contain up to date incident information.
Access to Cherwell Version 8.3.1There are several ways to test Cherwell version 8.3.1. You can use either the web client or the installed client (windows only).
Web Client: https://test.wiscit.wisc.edu/cherwellclient
Installed Client (you can only install 1 version of Cherwell at a time)
- Schedule time on our test desktop in room CS 2134. You can calendar invite the following resource to reserve time: WiscIT Test Desktop (DoIT-WiscIT-Test-Desktopemail@example.com)
- Install Version 8.3.1 on a VM you own.
- Install version 8.3.1 on your primary or test machine. (NOTE: once you have completed your testing, it will be necessary to reinstall version 8.2.3)
- Link to install Version 8.3.1: https://test.wiscit.wisc.edu/cherwellautodeploy
- Link to reinstall Current Production Version 8.2.3: https://wiscit.wisc.edu/cherwellautodeploy
Key Items features and fixed in Version 8.3.1
- Desktop Client has received the following improvements
- Fixed already logged in error, users are now able to log out on their own, introduced in version 8.1.2
- Web Client Enhancements
- Fixed an intermittent issues with e-mail not being successfully sent.
- API stored search issue introduced in version 8.2.3, resolved.
- Accessibility improvements