The following instructions will update the Peernet Spooler Service for the ImageNow Printer from 11.0.0 to 188.8.131.52. This minor update fixes a bug that causes the printer to randomly crash when printing. While no conflict should arise from installing this minor update on our current production version of Perceptive Content, it is not an official fix provided by Lexmark and should only be used by users that are experiencing frequent ImageNow printer crashes.
Download setup.zip. Unzip the file, and then replace the folder of the same name in the following location:
- [drive]:\<Program Files (x86)> or <Program Files>\ImageNow\printer\
Open the setup folder. Right click the file (SetupImageNowprinter.exe) and Run as administrator.
Open Regedit and navigate to the following location:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\ImageNow Printer\PrinterDriverData
Create a string value called Scripting File. Set the value to:
- [drive]:\<Program Files> or <Program Files (x86)>\<ImageNow> or <ImageNow7>\etc\inowprint.ini
Verify that the new Peernet Spooler service has been installed.
- Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64\3\.
- Right click PNSrv11.exe and choose properties.
- Under the Details Tab, the file version should be 184.108.40.206.
Restart the computer.