Office 365 - How can I remove my UW-Madison Office 365 account from my personal Microsoft account?
If you have a personal Microsoft account that uses the same email address as your UW-Madison account (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) to access OneDrive, you will need to remove your UW-Madison email address and replace it with a non 'wisc.edu' email address to continue to use OneDrive with your personal Microsoft account.
To update your email address for your personal Microsoft account, please do the following:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account: https://account.microsoft.com/
- Select Your info at the top of the page.
- Select Manage your sign-in email or phone number.
- You may be prompted to enter a code that’s sent to the email address or phone number listed in your account as security information.
- Select Add email.
- If you want to create a new email address to use, select Create a new email address and add it as an alias.
- If you have a non-Microsoft address that you want to use (other than an @wisc.edu address), select Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias.
- Set the new email address as your primary alias. Go to the Manage your account aliases page, and select Make primary under the email address you want as primary.
- Select Remove next to the old NetID@wisc.edu email address.
Note: It can take up to 48 hours for changes to reflect across all Microsoft services.